Tuesday, December 20, 2011

What a difference a little snow can make!




Yes, snow is pretty, but I hate to have to drive in it. Ours is melted now, I'm slow at getting this posted. I have an up and down battle with depression. I have had for many years. I haven't posted for about a month because I am in the down stage now. I don't like Christmas and the end of the year. It seems to be so much work, and the real meaning of Christmas is gone. I hate that Thanksgiving hardly gets mentioned because of Black Friday and the shopping frenzy. The end of the year is so final. I think back to the things I wanted to get accomplished, but didn't get them finished (or started in some cases!) So life moves on and soon it will be Christmas. And I'll have my family home for a great day of celebrating. It will be fun to see all the grandkids and how excited they are at Christmas! And the new year will start and instead of New Year resolutions I'll make a New Year list of what I'd like to do. No resolutions, that sounds so final. Merry Christmas to everyone. I hope you have a joyous season.







3 comments:

Barb said...

I am so sorry for the trial of depression....I can truly say, I know how you feel and how it affect you.

The snow is beautiful.

Have a great time with family on Christmas.

Quiltingranny said...

Patty, I too suffer from depression and I do my best to keep smiling for the grands and my hubby who loves this time of the year! Sending you blessings!

QuiltSue said...

I'm sorry about how you are feeling right now. Depression is so miserable, but I hope that you will come out the other side again soon.