Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Funny Prayer about Getting Old at the Caregiver of the Year Dinner



I hope this post works. I haven't tried to post a video clip before.
But to give you some background as to why I posted this...both my mother and father were in a nursing home before they passed away. This lady is saying a prayer to a group of people who take care of the elderly. And so many of the things she says are so familiar to me from when my parents were beginning to get older and the time they were in nursing homes. It is funny but it has a wonderful lesson also. Older people cannot always hear, they might walk soooo slow, not always get things right the first time they try ( Oh No, I just realized I am talking about myself too!!). I hope you enjoy this as much as I did. And I hope I posted the video right so it works. ;) ( p.s. The title is what the video was origionally posted as. I am not making fun of prayer.)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

My mother and mother in law both have Alzheimers. It is a challenging time. This gal made me laugh SOOO hard, thank you!